Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

99. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2013, 21:44 Prez

I actually read that whole article and (honestly not trying to be dense here) I have no idea what he is going on about aside from the self-evident point that actual rape is really, really bad and seriously harms actual victims. This whole "rape culture" nonsense doesn't wash with me. It sounds like more fabricated thought-policing.

Rape is only one type of violent crime. Given that beatings and murder are far FAR more common themes in American entertainment, shouldn't we be saying that there exists a "murder culture"? Yet we don't, because there is no potential white-knight crusade that faux noble hypersensitive people can jump on since murder is just as likely to happen to men as women (who cares, right?) while in the majority of rapes women are the victims. Now THERE is a good "minority" group that (like all do in the minds of these nuts) needs defending - TO THE INTERNET!!

I continue to push back on this subject not because my life revolves around rape jokes but because the politically-correct white-knighter's, despite meaning well, have infected to much of American psyche with their wrong-headed attempts at thought and speech control and made too much discourse in everyday life toxic and potentially harmful to too many innocent people, like this poor PR guy who did absolutely NOTHING wrong yet is getting called out all over the web by hypersensitive, misguided wackos when he meant no harm at all. So I push back on this whenever I can, because your crusade is ruining people's lives and making it harder and harder for people in the public eye to make a living while still be able to say what they want when it is clear that they intended no harm. Regardless of how the hypersensitive white-knights interpret everything through their perverted prism, people shouldn't be crucified because one group or another hears words or sees action in the absolute most malignant light possible.

It's gotten so ridiculous that Brent Mussberger and even Barrack Obama get crucified by people infected with this hypersensitivity disease for saying something nice about a beautiful woman. It is absolutely out of control, and I am tired of the hypersensitive white-knighters getting to dictate what is culturally allowed and what isn't. Sorry, but a random wolf whistle from some random guy at E3 is just not a big deal (in fact it's no deal at all) and is perfectly acceptable. I'm way more offended by all of the nutty over-reaction by self-appointed speech police who somehow got the notion in their heads that they have the power to declare what is and what isn't socially acceptable in a given environment or instance. And everyone else is just supposed to conform because you said so? Sorry, but no.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2013, 22:01.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo