Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Terraria Content Update Plans

In spite of an announcement back in February that post-release support for Terraria had concluded, this newsletter noted by PC Gamer has word that the developer is planning an unexpected version 1.2 patch they say will be "the biggest addition yet" to the sandbox game. Here's a bit:

Terrarians will encounter many new items, enemies, mechanics and challenges, to speak nothing of bosses and biomes. A lotís been confirmed so far. For builders, thereís furniture, materials (rainbow bricks and shadewood), design tiles and banners (and campfires). Combat enthusiasts can look forward to beam swords, cannons, Hammush (Legend of Maxx reference!), snowballs, shields and traps. All tinkerers can rejoice at accessories, active and inactive versions of every block and wire fixes and enhancements. Apparel has also changed: vanity-wise, expect Egyptian, Eskimo, fairy and steampunk outfits; whereas armor can now be dyed and has grown to include snow and cactus sets. Thereíll be different mobs and variations on old ones (non-mechanical bosses with unique AI; clown bombs wonít destroy tiles anymore) as well as appearing with health bars (with the suggestion that the on-screen reminders be toggled). Regarding mechanics: players will be able to automatically walk up half blocks and one block high tiles; PvP will be tweaked; and Hardmode will undergo changes, not just limited to the spread of corruption and hallow.

Aesthetic additions include a revamped character menu as well as rain clouds and normal clouds. Rain wonít be a major factor in lag creation since it will be a background effect; torches, then, being in the foreground, wonít be affected. World generation will also see the possibility of a giant tree, along with more flora and even stalactites. In the screenshot below, one of the first spoilers released to the community, we can see some of the new content, which Iíll speculate more on in a future article.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Terraria Content Update Plans May 29, 2013, 08:42 Mr. Tact

Redmask wrote on May 28, 2013, 22:20:
The games code is a total nightmare, I doubt he could if he wanted to. You should see how ridiculous it is to make even simple changes.
Interesting, but not surprising. It was his first major project, right?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo