Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 19, 2013, 01:11 shihonage

I've been a DS early adopter. As I said before, DS has a lot of good games if you are a child, or in the case of the two people who replied to me, if have the preferences of a child, i.e. are obsessed with cartoons, or suffer from permanent SNES/N64 nostalgia syndrome. No offense.

Asides from those "good" titles, the vast majority of DS titles are worthless shovelware, such as movie tie-ins. They have no quality filtering system and not enough blockbuster games to matter.

The only attempt to make a normal game on the DS has been GTA: Chinatown Wars, which apparently didn't do nearly as well financially as it deserved. It is a game that had no Mario, it had solid mechanics, pushed the system to the limit graphically, it wasn't some dumbed-down throwaway port but a full-featured GTA title.

However, should one go looking for more depth on the system, you will not find it, unless you're into games where you control 3-year-old protagonists with retarded Japanese storylines.

The proof of this is the lack of a single conventional CRPG. You will not find a Fallout, Baldur's Gate or anything of the sort on the DS. There are a few flawed dungeon crawlers, who think it's "hardcore" to make you pull out a piece of paper and draw your own maps. Once again, pointless appeal to nostalgia, oversimplification, and lack of substance.

DS has been strictly oriented toward the Nintendo Cultists(tm). Nostalgics, hippies, Japanophiles, people who just discovered videogames (i.e. what later became a Candy Crush Saga audience). It is what it is.

This is why after buying and selling a Wii, and getting burned by 3DS' complete lack of good games, I am not giving them any more money. They've been promising to appeal to a broader audience since, well, the DS, and all the signs point toward Wii U being just another failure in that regard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo