Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - FEZ

Steam News announces that Polytron's platformer FEZ is now available on Steam:

Gomez is a 2D creature living in a 2D world. Or is he? When the existence of a mysterious 3rd dimension is revealed to him, Gomez is sent out on a journey that will take him to the very end of time and space. Use your ability to navigate 3D structures from 4 distinct classic 2D perspectives. Explore a serene and beautiful open-ended world full of secrets, puzzles and hidden treasures. Unearth the mysteries of the past and discover the truth about reality and perception. Change your perspective and look at the world in a different way.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 2, 2013, 10:10 Rhino

DrEvil wrote on May 1, 2013, 23:24:
Rhino wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:23:
Fish has made his feelings on the PC very well known. How can I, or anyone, possibly believe that he will have made a strong effort in this port, or in any post release support, if every indication is that he didn't particularly want to make it in the first place?

Because Phil Fish is the designer, not the programmer. The main programmer is Renaud Bédard, who is an excellent individual worthy of respect. His presentation on the technology behind Fez is well worth reading.

Other people worked on Fez, besides Phil Fish, and they deserve to have their work rewarded. I only hope that Renaud and the other people that worked on Fez will get a cut of the sales going forward.

Very fair, certainly, and something that I deliberately didn't bring up because I simply didn't consider it important (though should have, clearly); and in spite of that I still have some concerns on that score: the guy in charge can still motivate and demotivate and if Fish's attitude remains 'Eh, we may as well, even if I don't particularly want to,' that CAN, and often does, affect the team. Going back to my workplace examples, I've had managers that absolutely did not give a flying frick about what they were doing, and that dragged down the work performance of the rest of the team as the motivation just wasn't there and that sort of attitude is infectious, as much as joy and excitement. Some of us still gave it our all; but others just began to internally check out as there was never any indication as to whether what they were doing mattered in the slightest. They began to just be there for the paycheck while they looked for a transfer or an external role.

-

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo