Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 18:09 Enahs

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 16:32:
Murden wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 16:06:
I have this cool way to disable metro. When it starts up. Click on the Desktop button.

I don't know why everyone's so upset about metro. Some of it I like, some of it I don't like. When I start up my computer its nice and simple to start up an app I use often, it's right there in front of me. If I need to use something suited to a more windows 7 atmosphere (like surfing the web, using the old interface with favorites bar) I simply click on the desktop button and I have it.

Everyone was happy with windows 7, and it really hasn't gone anywhere. They just added metro to it. Why the confusion? It's all there as it was.

IMO - Metros a step in the right direction, it just needs to be tweaked a bit.

Anyone who says it's confusing hasn't actually spent the time to see what it really is.

This article is a great answer to your question. Odds are if you are posting here you are an enthusiast, or at least technologically adept. The vast majority of people aren't. If something gets moved or changed you can find it, others can't. Removing the start button and the different control styles of the new start screen were enough to completely befuddle people. The lack of any meaningful tutorial only compounded the problem. Hell I have fellow employees that struggle just with using outlook. Throwing metro at them would be like throwing them in the ocean without a life preserver.

Yes.
But also look at this thread. You have people complaining about the lack of innovation from Microsoft, and how that will be its downfall. You have the people, who as soon as Microsoft changes something, the same people complaining about lack of innovation, complain because it is different!

It is impossible for them to "win" on discussion on the internets because the most vocal people want them to innovate while keeping everything exactly the same...

But, they are still selling the OS. I gave it a fair chance and I enjoy it.

Does it matter if they are selling as fast as Win 7? If it is still selling at a decent rate (which it is), then it is a win for them. A fail for them is not internet tech reporters complaining and bitching, or praising, just to get traffic to their websites.

People play with it at BestBuy and the like, and they buy it or they don't.

But it is selling, so it is successful enough for now...

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo