Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

LucasArts Closed

Disney has shut down seminal computer game developer LucasArts, reports Kotaku, saying over 150 jobs have been lost amid the cancellation of Star Wars: First Assault and Star Wars 1313. They attribute this to a reliable source, and a confirmation can be found on GameInformer, where they have a comment from a representative from LucasFilm saying the cancellation of Star Wars 1313 is not absolute, as they will be looking to license games like that planned action/adventure in the future. "It is worth noting that we are looking for proven external partners who can help us provide video games to our fans. We still believe in the video game industry, we still will provide Star Wars games, we're just looking at different models rather than internal production... They're evaluating everything. There's always a possibility that it [Star Wars 1313] can still come out via licensing," the rep told them. "It's super sad. It's a terrible day. I want to make sure everyone realizes that there still will be Star Wars games out there."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

50. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 17:11 Orogogus

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 16:34:
Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 16:20:
Rattlehead wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 16:19:
Welp, there goes any hopes of a proper kotor sequel. Thanks Disney.

Uh... how so?

LucasArts didn't make them.
Because Disney is a shit company that like all the other swine of the industry sees no profit in traditional games anymore and believes all the money is in micro transactions, F2P and mobile games. I highly doubt they will give EA, Bioware or Obsidian the rights to another large production AAA game, especially on a scale of something like KoToR or ToR.

I truly believe the future of Star Wars games are the lego series, upcoming movie tie ins, and shit facebook games. You can kiss goodbye high production Star Wars games, because Disney doesn't believe in that kind of shit. Hell I don't even think we will SEE another Star Wars game until the next Abrahms movie is out.

What do you even know about Disney as a gaming company? I mean, what is any of this based on?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo