Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions

This reddit thread is the outcome of an AMA session with Crystal Dynamics attended by Karl Stewart, Global Brand Director for Tomb Raider and Noah Hughes, Creative Director for Tomb Raider. As noted on Videogamer, they were asked along the way about the possibility of single-player DLC for the new Tomb Raider reboot, which they shot down. "There are currently no plans in place for any Single Player expansions," said Karl Stewart. "All of our DLC is based around the Multiplayer experience for now." They also seem to rule out throwback appearance DLC as well. "We did try to have a lot of nods to the classics in this reboot," says Hughes. "And even her outfit itself is intended to evoke her classic outfit in a way, but is more practical for her situation. This was just an example of trying to play that balance between fresh and familiar."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 16:25 WyldKat

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 16:17:
InBlack wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 09:29:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 09:17:
Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 08:59:
Speaking of QTEs, when will this horrid design crutch die already?
When games are no longer made for people with numb minds?

In the 90's we had cutscenes, in the 00's we have QTEs. Id like to go back to the cutscenes please, they might be just as immersion breaking but at least I dont have the feeling of finger raping my keyboard or mouse.

As long as they aren't those 90s cutscenes with real actors in them. Eep...

Unless we're talking about Wing Commander 3/4... or Under A Killing Moon...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo