Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released

EA has updated SimCity to version 1.4, and this forum post has the patch notes. Meanwhile, SimCity Update #2 from Lucy has the latest from Maxis on adding server capacity, apologizing for downtime invoked as original servers are taken offline one by one as part of an upgrade process. Finally, EA's SimCity account tweets about the possibility that they will eventually remove the online requirement for the new SimCity to earn back gamer's trust following its unsuccessful launch, though this won't be right away (thanks nin). Word is:

We have no intention of offlining SimCity any time soon but we'll look into that as part of our earning back your trust efforts.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

76. Re: EA Will Mar 12, 2013, 09:09 Verno

Beelzebud wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 16:47:
Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 16:08:
Wait what? Where are you getting the 10k players thing from? I'm totally with you that it experienced a huge drop off (most games do naturally but Blizzard games pedigree was longevity and value) but that seems dubious. Is it that old XFire source? It's a good indicator but a poor value to use as an actual statistic.

I played D3. I go by what the in-game counter said. I su0ppose I should have said "at any time of the day, it averaged around 10k players."

For a game that sold over 6 million copes that is crap. Even if it was something like 240k, that is still a massive drop in players.

Those 10k figures are just for the battle.net hub you're in, think of each one as a big lobby. It's not a centralized thing anymore like with Diablo 2. There are dozens of them so the figure was probably more like 200-300k online.

That said I do totally agree the game experienced a massive drop off in player base as people got bored with its shallow mechanics.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo