Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Trailer

This Kickstarter update for Shadowrun Returns offers a first look trailer with alpha gameplay footage from Harebrained Schemes' upcoming 2D turn-based RPG revival. Here's word on the clip, which runs nearly 20 minutes: "Remember as you watch the video that all the environments, conversations, and tactical situations you see were created using the Shadowrun Returns Editor - the same editor that will ship with the game on OSX and Windows. For us, re-energizing Shadowrun doesn’t just mean making a game for you to play and enjoy (although that sounds GREAT). It means creating a set of tools for YOU to experiment with, express yourself with, and share."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 17:18 Creston

Finally found some time to watch it. I though it was very cool, looks like it'll be very fun.

However, two things:

1) Disappearing corpses. Come on, this is the PC. How much performance would it take to keep corpses around? 0.00000004%?

2) Hitpoints. ARGH. The whole thing about Shadowrun has always been that it's dangerous. A simple ganger with a pistol is easily capable of one-shot killing you.

Now we have hitpoints and guys are taking three shotgun blasts to the face from point blank, whereas in SR, a PB shotgun blast is simply FATAL.

Not happy about that... (Edit: On second viewing, it is somewhat mitigated by everyone having 3 actions. 3 shots at an NPC will nearly kill or outright kill him if they all hit, so that's at least something.)

On the flipside, I thought it was awesome that they summoned the Abomination spirit, it broke free (ugh, normally that's Bye-Bye Team!) and then the Basilisk is like "hey, that's an enemy!"

Most games treat the broken-free spirit simply as "Enemy of Player Therefore Friend of Enemy AI", but here it's on its own. Awesome.

Spell effects need some work, but this is alpha so I'm sure those will be worked on.

Creston

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2013, 17:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo