Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's this week's list of the 10 bestselling titles on Steam:

1. Tomb Raider
  2. BioShock Infinite
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Season Pass
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
  7. Arma II: Combined Operations
  8. Sniper Elite - Nazi Zombie Army
  9. Mark of the Ninja
  10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

43. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2013, 16:35 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 14:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 13:28:
In Skyrim playing the Dark Brotherhood is not exactly "evil" most of the time you are killing proper evil people. And the other part you are simply defending yourself and your family against betrayal.

Urrr, wot? Just off the top of my head, the Dark Brotherhood has you (secret for spoilers) kill those three people in the house when Astrid comes to recruit you (I guess you can kill just one, but has anyone ever done that? Doesn't everyone just kill all three to be sure?) How are those people evil?

Then they have you do multiple contracts where they just go "murder this dude in city so and so."
Then they have you kill the Gourmet.
Then they have you kill more schleps in random cities.
They they have you kill the Emperor.

Now, maybe my definition of evil is different than yours, but to me there's little good about that. Who exactly is so evil, in your mind, other than that old hag?

The Gourmet is a ORC, he likely makes stuff with human meat... <-- Even if not.. he's an ORC.
Then they have you kill more schleps in random cities. OK that is true Forgot that entirely
They they have you kill the Emperor. That dude signed the White-Gold Concordat at the end of the Great War ... he is not just evil, but a traitor to the Nord ways.

I am sure there were some reasons as to those random slobs, no kill in the quest-line was entirely absolutely totally evil. Or made me think and say, wait.. let's just try to get around this one non-violently.

I just wanted more depth. After Oblivion I had high hopes...

And yes, I played both lines to their respective ends. Thief quest line ended quite epicly, but not in the way I wanted it to end. That's a weird complaint I guess...

I never got why I couldn't join Mercer instead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo