Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's this week's list of the 10 bestselling titles on Steam:

1. Tomb Raider
  2. BioShock Infinite
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Season Pass
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
  7. Arma II: Combined Operations
  8. Sniper Elite - Nazi Zombie Army
  9. Mark of the Ninja
  10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2013, 02:57 Jerykk

As for the second guy, you can be both good and evil in a single playthrough. That's how I played my main character. You can get the Gray Fox mask without many evil deeds (at least that are known), after which you can live a double life. Honestly I thought the ability to do that, coupled with the Dark Brotherhood quest-line (once you had the mask), was perhaps the best "RPGish" fun I've ever had.

I think we have very different definitions of "RPG." Being able to be everything to everyone is the exact opposite of role-playing. Morrowind was much more of an RPG than both Oblivion and Skyrim, since ascending the ranks of each guild had skill prerequisites. Becoming the grandmaster of all the guilds was pretty much impossible if you played the game naturally and didn't grind the skills you otherwise wouldn't use. Also, you had to choose between one of the three main story factions (Telvanni, Hlaalu and Redoran). You couldn't join all three. The fact that the combat and magic skills had chance-to-hit/cast also meant you needed to specialize more, since low-level skills were essentially useless. The result? The game was much easier if you chose a specific role and stuck to it. You know, actual role-playing. Conversely, in Skyrim and Oblivion, you can do everything with ease and become the grandmaster of every guild even if your skills don't match it. Being a master fighter assassin thief battlemage healer isn't role-playing.

Isn't it just Shank 3?

Not at all. MotN is a stealth game. A great stealth game. Not only does it accommodate multiple playstyles but it clearly conveys the game's various systems. For example, when you throw an object, you will see the exact trajectory, impact point and sound radius before you even throw it. Enemies within the sound radius will even be highlighted. The game also shows you the vision cones for all enemies. Basically, it takes the guesswork out the equation and lets you focus on planning and execution instead.

MotN is definitely worth picking up, even if you generally don't like stealth games. It resolves the lack of transparency that many people dislike about the genre.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2013, 03:09.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo