Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Clifford Unchained - Nickels, dimes, and quarters. By Cliff Bleszinski.
If you donít like EA, donít buy their games. If you donít like their microtransactions, donít spend money on them. Itís that simple. EA has many smart people working for them (Hi, Frank, JR, and Patrick!) and they wouldnít attempt these things if they didnít work. Turns out, they do. I assure you there are teams of analysts studying the numbers behind consumer behavior over there that are studying how you, the gamer, spends his hard earned cash.

If youíre currently raging about this on GAF, or on the IGN forums, or on Gamespot, guess what? Youíre the vocal minority. Your average guy that buys just Madden and GTA every year doesnít know, nor does he care. He has no problem throwing a few bucks more at a game because, hey, why not?

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

30. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2013, 10:34 Bhruic

Julio wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 10:20:
He implies it quite clearly in the article. Especially in the section where he's tired of EA being seen as the bad guy. Basically implying that gamers shouldn't complain like they do about microtransactions.

Actually, he's tired of EA being seen as the bad guy where Valve is fine. Valve has had microtransactions in TF2 for a long time. They have microtransactions in Portal 2. There haven't been many complaints about either of those. But EA announces they are going to do microtransactions in their games, and it's "pile on EA" time.

If you want to complain about microtransactions, by all means, complain. He's just asking you to be consistent about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo