[Feb 28, 2013, 09:27 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
A new patch is now automatically available in the Windows edition of Crysis 3
, updating the first-person shooter sequel to version 1.1. MP1st
) offers notes on this patch, which is coming soon to the console editions, as well as word on a smaller "Data Patch B" that's already live for all platforms. Here's word on what these patches do:
- Fix for users getting stuck in the Pinger
- Fix for Flashbang/Smoke grenade reactions not displaying in Kill Cam
- Fix for crosshair becoming invisible after certain actions
- Fixes for squads joining and disconnecting from servers
- Fix for players being unable to fire or reload occasionally
- Fix for users occasionally being able to hear VTOL damage siren constantly
- Weapons retrieved from the ground now have the correct attachments
- Fix for players getting stuck if ripping HMG off VTOL during destruction
- Fix for being unable to detonate C4 after host migration on consoles
- Fix for game not ending correctly if last opponent triggers a host migration
- Fix for issue where sometimes rip and throw weapons would not deal damage in smoke grenades
- Fix for relay in CTR becoming stuck if picking up relay during shotgun reload
- Fix for icons disappearing occasionally in CTR
- Fix for players occasionally spawning with wrong loadout in Assault (PC Only)
- Last Man Standing no longer displayed in Hunter for players that have just died
- Fixed issue with teams during host migration in Hunter/Assault
- Significant optimisation to Medium detail settings (PC Only)
- Particle optimisation (PC Only)
Data Patch B
A “behind the scenes” update that will automatically download when entering multiplayer.
- Melee whilst sliding damage reduced to match patch A’s melee damage
- Typhoon mid range damage reduction
- Bow sensitivity reduced to match Assault Scope values on PS3/X360 as they have similar zoom values. PC remains as before
- SCAR+Laser long distance effectiveness reduced.
- Threat Awareness module levelling targets reduced to 3/10 enemy C4′s destroyed
- Potential fix for “Incoming!” Skill Assessment not levelling up correctly
- Fix for Social Challenge skill assessments not being tracked correctly
- The bottom left of your multiplayer screen should read “[ ONLINE ] [ PATCH_B ]” indicating that the update has been applied. If not, re-enter multiplayer until it is present.
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Crysis 3 Patch
||Mar 1, 2013, 20:09
|I was underwhelmed. Although the gameplay is a significant improvement over the second game, it still lacks the openness of the original; while the combat arenas are larger, it still isn't too hard to bump against the walls - invisible or otherwise - keeping you in. The actual fighting was nothing to write home about either, made worse by the limited ammunition. Honestly, I spent more of the game avoiding combat than I did actually shooting at enemies because I found it that much of a chore.
Graphically, the game takes full advantage of a PCs hardware... unfortunately. It goes way overboard with the effects, so much that it is actually difficult to make out what you are being shown. The HUD was obnoxious and cluttered as well.
At best, it's an average game and - technology aside - has little going for it. It lacks soul and style. At the end, I was forcing myself to finish the game and I uninstalled it seconds after the final credits began to roll, without regret. If I have anything good to say about it, it's that it finally brings an end to a storyline that was becoming ever more preposterous with every iteration. Frankly, as much as I loved the original FarCry and the first Crysis, I'm not sorry to see this franchise end.
Copyright © 1996-2014 Stephen Heaslip. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.