[Feb 28, 2013, 08:27 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
A new patch is now automatically available in the Windows edition of Crysis 3
, updating the first-person shooter sequel to version 1.1. MP1st
) offers notes on this patch, which is coming soon to the console editions, as well as word on a smaller "Data Patch B" that's already live for all platforms. Here's word on what these patches do:
- Fix for users getting stuck in the Pinger
- Fix for Flashbang/Smoke grenade reactions not displaying in Kill Cam
- Fix for crosshair becoming invisible after certain actions
- Fixes for squads joining and disconnecting from servers
- Fix for players being unable to fire or reload occasionally
- Fix for users occasionally being able to hear VTOL damage siren constantly
- Weapons retrieved from the ground now have the correct attachments
- Fix for players getting stuck if ripping HMG off VTOL during destruction
- Fix for being unable to detonate C4 after host migration on consoles
- Fix for game not ending correctly if last opponent triggers a host migration
- Fix for issue where sometimes rip and throw weapons would not deal damage in smoke grenades
- Fix for relay in CTR becoming stuck if picking up relay during shotgun reload
- Fix for icons disappearing occasionally in CTR
- Fix for players occasionally spawning with wrong loadout in Assault (PC Only)
- Last Man Standing no longer displayed in Hunter for players that have just died
- Fixed issue with teams during host migration in Hunter/Assault
- Significant optimisation to Medium detail settings (PC Only)
- Particle optimisation (PC Only)
Data Patch B
A “behind the scenes” update that will automatically download when entering multiplayer.
- Melee whilst sliding damage reduced to match patch A’s melee damage
- Typhoon mid range damage reduction
- Bow sensitivity reduced to match Assault Scope values on PS3/X360 as they have similar zoom values. PC remains as before
- SCAR+Laser long distance effectiveness reduced.
- Threat Awareness module levelling targets reduced to 3/10 enemy C4′s destroyed
- Potential fix for “Incoming!” Skill Assessment not levelling up correctly
- Fix for Social Challenge skill assessments not being tracked correctly
- The bottom left of your multiplayer screen should read “[ ONLINE ] [ PATCH_B ]” indicating that the update has been applied. If not, re-enter multiplayer until it is present.
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Crysis 3 Patch
||Feb 28, 2013, 19:30
|It takes an absurd level of hardware, but the game is damn beautiful with all settings maxed. It really does look just like the screenshots - it immediately made all other games look simple and cheap.
Overall, I would give it an 8/10. The game itself is probably just too easy and inconsistent. I see the potential for this to be an amazing game, but some of the quirks make me give it a lower rating.
I already saw a few comments about it being too easy so I went in on a higher difficulty, but I never felt challenged or threatened. The bow in particular is rather ridiculous - it becomes a one-hit-kill rocket launcher that doesn't even break stealth! The aliens weapons are absurdly fun and absurdly powerful. I really like the ability to customize your suit (upgrade all components of the suit, though you can only have a finite amount active,) but they gave out too many upgrade modules; I am on the last level and have all but one upgrade unlocked. Even then, it just makes you that more overwhelming, whether you play the stealth game or go in guns blazing.
I chose the former and, hunting for all the upgrade modules and intelligence pieces, my session is going to clock in around 10 hours. If you go straight shooter, you can easily cut that time in half.
Otherwise, the mixture of components felt slightly off. It was too easy to pick enemies off one by one, levels felt slightly more confined or at least sparsely populated in certain areas, enemies spawn at blatant script points (which you then just flag and mark through walls with your super goggles ,) I though it was weird to transition from the alien-heavy ending of the second game back to fighting humans and ending up fighting aliens again at the end, etc.
I do like the game, but I just wish it did a little more. It's good, but not great. I got the game for "free" with the purchase of my video cards, but it would probably be better priced around $40-$50. Also, realize that this is still a Crysis game, nanosuit and all - I love that, but others may hate it.
Crysis was a better overall experience.
Having fun, but left wishing there was more,