Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers

Ubisoft is actively seeking to improve its relationship with the PC gaming community, as seen in comments on MCV that acknowledge the damage the publisher's recent actions have caused in that area, in particular, their recently ended "always on" DRM policy. "Announcing all these partners for Uplay and a wider choice of PC games, it shows our commitment to PC, and we want to improve out [sic] relationship with the PC community," Ubisoft's worldwide Uplay director Stephanie Perotti told them. "We are always seeking to improve. We took a lot of that feedback on board. With every game on PC we are improving. Far Cry 3 and Assassinís Creed III on PC were very high quality."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

54. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 28, 2013, 13:06 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 05:17:
Of which anti-consumer practices do you speak? Not selling their newer games on Steam and requiring Origin is pretty lame but at least Origin is better than Uplay. Uplay is utterly worthless.

EA's anti-consumer practices:

1) Boycotting Steam
2) Pay-2-Win
3) Obscene pricing (£40-45 for most new games, when on Steam they're typically under £30)
4) Draconian ToS conditions
5) Shutting down servers for games less than a year old

Now I don't expect every publisher to live up to my high expectations but at some point I have to draw the line and EA doesn't even come close to making the cut.

UPlay is an inconvenience but at least it's relatively innocuous; it's easily preferable to GFWL. Origin is an alright client and I don't even have any problem with games on Steam requiring it but I personally like to buy all my games on Steam for practicality and for the community features.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo