Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer

This trailer offers a new look at Star Trek: The Video Game, the upcoming Kirk and Spock co-op action game. The clip features gameplay footage, and commentary from Paramount's Brian Miller, executive producer on the game. "Kirk is this brash cowboy character, whereas Spock is the exact opposite and when you break down Star Trek to those elements, you had to make a co-op game," Miller explains. "There was no other game we could possibly make."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

44. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 17, 2013, 13:50 nin

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 13:41:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 13:00:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 10:35:
Star Trek always was about ethics. Not just action.
TOS was in a time where the world simply wasnt ready for more advanced ethics. And even the stuff they implemented, like colored and Russian people on the bridge, was a huge deal back then. Also it was a 60s theme. You cant expect a 60s series to be like the ones from nowadays. TNG on the other hand made it much clearer.

The remake is an abomination in all kinds of ways, real fans havent accepted it. Only the ones who thought they are real fans and people who werent fans before - exactly like it was planned. This has nothing to do with Star Trek. Even Transformers has more in common with it than real Star Trek.

I certainly recognize that Star Trek was intended to be morality plays all along, and I even said so. I also recognize that the 60's series had their limitations, yet pushed the limit for their time, and the 80's series had could deal with things that weren't a big deal in the 60's. Hell, the TV execs wouldn't let a woman be the 1st officer (Pilot pitch episode), and it was pushing the envelope for Kirk and Uhura to kiss on the air, back then, which neither would be a big deal in the 80s.

That doesn't mean that liking the action portions of the series (either the 60's or the 80's) makes anyone less of a fan... and claiming that they are not a 'real fans' because they don't agree with people regarding the new movie, or that one series vs. another is any more intelligent over another... is asinine. Everyone has a right to their opinion on what the like or don't like... and it is possible to enjoy action while appreciating the morality side as well. People like you look like arrogant asshats that obviously didn't absorb ANYTHING that "Star Trek's "advanced" Ethics" tried to teach.

Who the hell are you (or anyone else) to say whether I'm a "REAL" fan or not? I was probably a fan before your were even born.

I said it already. Because Star Trek, how Roddenberry intended it, was about that, and not only about brainless action and lens flares.
Its like putting a VW engine into a Ferrari and then wondering why many people say it isnt a real Ferrari anymore.
Get a clue.

Eventually a franchise grows large enough (star wars being another example) where it appeals to a wide range of people for different reasons. To say that one group is more correct/a better group of fan/etc etc is at best just your opinion (and at worst, rude).

You may not like the Abrams changes to Trek like I didn't like the SW prequels, but it's understood large properties can't always be everything to everyone. Times change, people change and age, and so does the material that comes out of these endeavors.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo