Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today

The official website for Star Wars: The Old Republic has a couple of posts detailing plans for the upcoming version 1.7 update for the free-to-play Star Wars MMORPG. There's a developer blog with details on Relics of the Gree, a limited-time recurring in-game event, accompanied by another post with a sneak peek video of what this involves. The site and game are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance to install the new update, and the details LucasArts provides indicate players should be able to access this new event beginning today:

• Relics of the Gree – Discover the mysteries behind the Grey Secant, an ancient Gree starship that has suddenly appeared over Ilum’s Western Ice Shelf. From February 12 to February 26, players can visit the in-game News Terminals located on Carrick Station or Vaiken Spacedock to begin their adventure. The Gree have promised advanced technology, including powerful weapons and armor, to anyone who is brave enough to aid them against an insidious foe who has taken control at the heart of their ship.
  • Galactic Reputation – This new system enables players to earn Reputation points by completing missions for factions such as the Gree, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire. The Galactic Reputation system advances characters through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend". Galactic Reputation is also tied to a character’s Legacy, so Reputation points and ranks are shared across all the characters within the same Legacy.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today Feb 13, 2013, 19:50 Nacelle

The problem with your point is, you can pay with in-game credits, or real money. In an earlier post I mentioned that I have not spent any more that my sub price. So everything I said you can buy, can be paid for with credits that are earned in the game. f2p is not a problem. It has brought in more players and makes it possible for Bioware to keep adding content and fixing the game. Also, an MMO has to have credit sinks, otherwise the economy gets too flooded with money and inflation kills it.

You know you don't have to do every single quest given to you. If you don't want to run back across an area you just went through, you don't have to. Hit the "Abandon" button in the quest log. It's more likely the reason you have to run an area twice is because you missed picking up that quest. I've done it myself. I forgot to turn in a quest and the next leg of it was in an area I just went through. It's not the devs fault I did that.

Maybe I am a fanboy, but I've never seen such bunch of anti-fanboys. Whining about every little thing for no reason other than they think they look cool doing it. All the cool kids are bashing SWTOR, why shouldn't I?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo