Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Evochron Mercenary

The Evochron Mercenary Website features downloads of a new version 2.308 update for this space exploration and combat game. Available as a free trial as well as an update for registered users, the new version offers the following enhancements:

• Solar array mesh structure updated.AI system updated to direct computer controlled ships to properly avoid solar arrays.
  • New passive/safety target MFD mode added to turn off ship specific targeting completely on the display.
  • Matching material types in other cargo slots would sometimes be transferred in a ship-to-ship trade when the unit count was different, now fixed.
  • Delivery contract waypoint system updated to prevent placement near sector border which could result in contract failure as player approached capital ship.
  • AI physics and control systems updated to better account for relative frame weight, thruster power, and maneuvering parameters.
  • Racing AI velocity and thruster skill reduced to make passing second IMG quest contract easier.
  • Atmosphere system updated to provide a thinner look with less ambient/horizon brightness.
  • Atmosphere haze effect updated to provide a smoother transition from space to surface.
  • Ship formation system updated to manage throttle better to reduce shield collisions.
  • Altimeter would occasionally jump at various points above terrain, now fixed.
  • Server status check will now return to multiplayer menu if connection fails.
  • Capital ships now hold their position at waypoint for delivery contracts.
  • Leech EMP missiles now work correctly when used on terrain walkers.
  • Flak effects added for AI ships flying close to hostile capital ships.
  • Capital ship anti-shield torpedoes now inflict more damage.
  • Flyby sound effect proximity activation range reduced.
  • Mod options added for certain atmosphere effects.
  • Option to specify a unique framerate cap added.
  • Several minor bug fixes.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: New Evochron Mercenary Feb 8, 2013, 14:56 jdreyer

I'll grant this guy one thing. He sure is dedicated to updating his game.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo