Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metacritic Game Publisher Rankings

Metacritic offers its 2013 Game Publisher Rankings, revealing the companies behind the year's best reviewed games. The top ranking among "major publishers" goes to EA, where Mass Effect 3 got a 93 score and the lowest grade was 53 (however unfair) for Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Number two was Microsoft (falling from last year's top spot), number three was Sony, and number four was Nintendo. Activision/Blizzard moved up one spot from last year, an now occupies the number 10 position. The top "mid-size" publisher was Take-Two Interactive, followed by Telltale Games and Square Enix. Thanks Destructoid/VG247.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Metacritic Game Publisher Rankings Feb 6, 2013, 15:17 jdreyer

Dev wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 14:19:
Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 13:48:
Dev wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 12:39:
EA getting it makes me wonder if its just because of their sheer size they are likely to have some good stuff, or because they have the juice to get a lot of good reviews. More probably a mix of both.

If by "juice" you mean "Advertisement dollars", then yes.
Well that and everything else that marketing does to boost scores. I was thinking of the more shady stuff when I said that. I'm sure it all goes into the marketing budget.

Yeah, access to devs, exclusive previews, paid flights to dev HQ, etc. etc. And there's also shady stuff where the author of a review might say what he thinks, but then the number assigned to the review is made 10 points higher by the site manager.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo