Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year

GameInformer.com tips off that the cover story for the March issue of Game Informer magazine will officially reveal The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the not completely unexpected next installment in CD Projekt RED's fantasy-themed RPG series. Subscribers can expect the new issue in abut two weeks, and in the meantime they have this video with the developers discussing the project, and offer the following details on the open-world game, including the suggestion that this will come to unannounced console systems as well as Windows when it's released next year:

Our March cover story gives a world-exclusive peek into the next generation of RPGs with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This standalone sequel takes the fascinating stories and characters, non-linear plotlines, and difficult decisions that the franchise is known for and puts them all in an open world 30 times larger than the previous game an enormous setting even larger than Skyrim's vast expanse, made possible with the new REDengine 3 technology that developer CD Projekt RED is debuting with the game. Our huge feature dives into everything The Witcher 3 has to offer, and it's a lot: the detective work that precedes deadly combat when monster hunting, storylines that weave and twist together between political intrigue and otherworldly menaces, and a tired hero who wants to set things right but can't put down his swords until his conscience allows if it ever does.

Coming in 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms available" (CD Projekt RED isn't saying flat-out that it's a next-gen game, but it's a safe bet that new console announcements in the coming months will define the term "high-end platform"), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stretches from stormy islands to war-torn forests and a sprawling dark fantasy metropolis without a loading screen anywhere to be found.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

31. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 18:23 xXBatmanXx

Jivaro wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 15:27:
nin wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:53:
This will be the fourth attempt.

Maybe we need to start a form of "game club" (like a book club) where we all pledge to play X amount a week.

Awesome. Every week a member picks the game that everyone else has to spend "X" amount of time playing. Each week the "chooser" rotates to the next member in the rotation. I would totally join that club.

My first choice would be Freedom Force. Not nearly enough people played that game.

It would probably help me get my list of games played....still need to finish Witcher 1, Witcher 2, all of the STALKER games, Skyrim, Saints Row 1,2,3 (can't remember if 3 is done), Ballad of Gay Tony, 10,000,000, addicted to Don't Starve, addicted to DoD Source still, playing a LOT of CoD Blops 2 with a good group of older dudes...want to get back into DayZ and WarZ.....man...I need to get fired, divorced, sell my house, pawn off my dogs, THEN I will have enough time.......

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo