Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 1, 2013, 16:13 Yosemite Sam

Only had to read the first paragraph to know he is pulling crap out of his ass. American society is not more violent now then before, as a matter of fact it is generally less violent now then it's ever been in its history. It's only perceived as being more violent and that can be totally leveled at the medias continuous fixation on the worst aspects of the society and the simple fact that we live in a world of instant communication. Everybody, everywhere, knows instantly every bad thing that happens to everyone, everywhere. I finally gave in and watched A Clockwork Orange for the first time a few weeks ago. One thing really hit home with me about that movie, it's not a commentary on society, it's a commentary on how society views itself. Of course it also doesn't help when every gun lobby and gun worshipper in the country is ramping up that fear and misconception with every word they utter.

As for his very simplified view of how soldiers are trained to kill as an example of how people are desensitized to killing and how that relates to video games, he is way off base... and even contradicts his own theory by stating that the military moved up to soldiers shooting each other with paint guns, why, because obviously the fake 2D targets simply didn't cut it... they had to ramp up to real people shooting other real people. He relates a few very small examples in a soldiers life when in reality a soldiers training (conditioning) is a 24\7 endeavor in every last single aspect of their life, and the military has been perfecting that ever since WW2. Soldiers are conditioned from day one to eliminate the concept of why, only the how is important to their thinking process. Also his shoot to kill numbers from WW2, nam and Afganistan are pure out of his ass fiction... which also does not take into account draft soldiers vs voluntary soldiers.

The simple truth of the matter is the USA has a much higher 'death from violence' rate as compared to the rest of the 'first world' countries because americans have access to guns like the rest of us have access to pop. All other countries have problems with mental health, unemployment, domestic problems... they all watch the same movies, play the same games... the only difference is in almost every place BUT the United States when someone does lose it they don't have a gun right there ready and loaded.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo