Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Pandora: First Contact Announced

Slitherine and Matrix Games announce Pandora: First Contact, a science-fiction 4X strategy game set on the planet of Pandora, though the potential for this to include unobtainium or dlithium crystals are probably just inferences we're drawing from the title and from watching too many sci-fi movies. As of now they expect to release this at the end of this spring, and signups to beta test are already being accepted on this page. The Pandora: First Contact product page has details and screenshots, and here's a blurb:

Epsom, UK, January 31, 2013 – After decades of exploration, mankind has finally found a new hope. A new planet to conquer and colonize. They call it Pandora. From the frozen ice lands of the north, to vast deserts and lush tropical forests in the south, the planet is vast and hosts a wide variety of eco-regions. It is the perfect last resort for mankind. But it is far from being desolate, with indigenous life already covering the planet, but how will they react to alien invaders?

Pandora: First Contact is the latest science fiction 4X turn-based strategy game published by Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and developed by Proxy Studios (www.proxy-studios.com). The game follows in the footsteps of classics like Alpha Centauri and Galactic Civilizations, but it also creates a completely new world of its own, with hundreds of creatures, settings, technological innovations and a never-seen-before range of deadly weapons. In development for now more than two years, Pandora: First Contact is something really novel in the genre of civilization-style games.

“We are very excited about this new project”, said Iain McNeil, development director of Slitherine. “This year’s line-up is shaping to be very attractive to a wide range of players and we are proud to bring such an intense, immersive and engaging sci-fi strategy game to our audience worldwide”.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Pandora: First Contact Announced Feb 1, 2013, 09:20 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 23:09:
ViRGE wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 20:07:
What the heck is with naming every planet Pandora lately? They couldn't think of something else even a little more unique?

Seriously. The fact that it's named Pandora makes me want to skip it . And 4x is one of my favorite genres.

So in this case the headline would be "Pandora: First Contact - No Contract"?

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo