Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Crisis Averted

The Terms of Service for the new Crysis 3 open beta includes language about banning players for not reporting bugs, recalling the recently quelled controversy over the SimCity beta ToS threating a mab from all EA games for failure to report bugs. This new End-User License Agreement issue apparently has the same resolution as the previous one, as games.on.net notes a tweet explaining: "We did - it was baked into the Beta before we realized it had the 'Bug Ban' clause. We aren't enforcing that." They also link a follow-up tweet saying: "We'll be releasing a blog post about that soon, but for now rest assured we aren't banning players for finding bugs." So we now know why EULAs and ToSes are so lengthy: Even the people making the games can't be bothered to read the crap they let their lawyers stuff into them.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

38. Re: Crysis 3 Crisis Averted Jan 30, 2013, 15:41 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 15:31:
Bunch of anti-Valve rhetoric

Now we get the truth here, you don't care about EA, you just think people are too kind to Valve. I don't really care much one way or the other about Valve and I don't think you're some special snowflake who views the industry different than the rest of us. Valve just screws the consumer less and is in the news less for it. They have built up good will by creating value and being very consumer friendly in their decisions, there is no magical component to this. They don't exactly take victory laps of their steam sales either, Valve is generally very uncommunicative compared to other companies.

People will swing the other way on Valve when they start getting into the kinds of shit EA is. For example I saw plenty of criticism when they added the no class action revision to their EULA. So relax, Valve will gets it comeuppance if it deserves it.

By the way, of course everyone wants to make money, its all about HOW they do it that matters to people.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo