Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite PC Q&A

The Irrational Games Website now features a Q&A on the recently revealed specs for the PC edition of BioShock Infinite, their upcoming first-person shooter sequel. There are a few answers covering Steam support, saying that Steam is required, Steam's standard DRM will be used, and boxed copies will include Steam keys. They also say the game will have full widescreen support and will be able to play at the maximum framerate supported by your system, and discuss OS support, saying it will be Window 8 "compatible" and not "certified," and that there will be no Windows XP support.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

29. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Q&A Jan 28, 2013, 18:01 Quinn

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 13:13:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 04:08:
I remember playing Skyrim for the first time and not being able to put my finger on the reason why I had trouble focussing when looking around. It made me crazy. I wanted to knock out my brain with a sledgehammer at some point. Luckily, just in time, I realized increasing the FOV took care of that problem.

Raising Skyrim's FOV at all brings on fisheye really fast, due to the way they built the game. Most games get the fisheye effect when raised above the designed FOV but Skyrim REALLY had a problem with it. I'm not as tech guy and don't remember the exact reason, but I read about it somewhere.

In any event if that doesn't bother you then hooray, enjoy, but not everyone agrees with you.

Where in most games FOV lovers would want it around 90, they probably want it around 80 in Skyrim. Going 90 gives you that crazy effect you see in The Fellowship of The Ring when Frodo looks down a forest path and senses a Black Rider approaching.

The distorted feel with FOV is that the visuals stretch out at the edges of the screen. I agree with you in a sense. It's a lesser evil to me. Paying attention to the stretched out edges, especially noticeable when standing right next to a wall, makes it questionable if increasing the FOV is such a great thing after all. But then.. we'd all prefer stretched out edges above a dizzy headache.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo