Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Chris Taylor on Wildman

A Kickstarter update for Wildman follows up on news of layoffs at developer Gas Powered Games with a video from Chris Taylor explaining the situation at his company. He tells us that without the cuts, the company would have to immediately shut down if the Kickstarter failed, unable to fulfill any of its remaining obligations. Showing some emotion he says he was unwilling to gamble with people's livelihoods in this economy as the reason he mad that "tough decision." Chris then share another "tough decision," asking if he should continue the Kickstarter to see if the response to it improves so he can hire back the staff that wants to return, or shut it down and "call it done." They will tabulate votes from the comments to judge whether the campaign should continue.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: Chris Taylor on Wildman Jan 20, 2013, 08:23 eRe4s3r
 
I read the intro flub on the kickstarter page, watched the vids, and still have no idea what kind of game it's gonna be. So as you say Jerykk, this Kickstarter is just not presenting itself properly. And when a near complete game can't manage to show itself off properly then it's got fail written all over it. Also as were are saying for years now, Kickstarter is about hope. You offer something that is nearly 99% done that leaves 1% hope. Not a good trade. ^^  
Avatar 54727
 
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
 
Subject
Comment
     
 
      ;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More
 
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.
 
          Email me when this topic is updated.
 

Special Codes

  • b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

  1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.


footer

Blue's News logo