Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement

This trailer from CD Projekt RED features pen-and-paper RPG creator Mike Poundsmith explaining the underpinnings of the RPG system in Cyberpunk 2077, the upcoming computer RPG. There's also an extensive feature here on the making of the recent teaser trailer for the game. Speaking of which, we have more from CD Projekt RED studio head Adam Badowski on the hidden tease for a February 5th announcement, which many think will be related to The Witcher series:

Many gaming fans noticed the hidden message in one frame of the teaser trailer. ďAs you may know, Cyberpunk 2077 isnít the only title we are working on. Those of you who watched the teaser trailer carefully know that something big is coming on the 5th of February. Everything will be clearer on that day. Right now I can only say that, for the first time in the history of our studio, it will be a fully open-world game (just like Cyberpunk will be). We also remember our gamesí trademark engrossing and non-linear storytelling. In the studio, the strong bond of these two elements - an open world and a captivating tale - is what everyone is trying to achieve. Both Cyberpunk 2077 and the second game draw upon these two pillars to bring our vision of a perfect RPG to life,Ē comments Badowski

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement Jan 18, 2013, 19:34 Flatline

InBlack wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 10:01:
I get what youre saying, but it just didnt work for me. You are the Witcher, which is kind of cool, but why cant I be a Paladin? Or a Mage? Or a Prostitute?

Err... because it'd be impossible to write a story that took all of those roles into account?

In a more specific sense, if you played anything other than a Witcher, the game would be incredibly boring and bland. It's a pretty generic fantasy setting with a few really cool twists (I've read the books). Without the Witcher's "unique" perspective and twist on legends, the setting is more or less literally "stereotypical fantasy setting".

Besides, most cRPGs don't even do what you're asking. Yeah sure you can play paladin or thief or epic cock gobbler, but in the end you're swapping one set of skills out for another. You're still The Hero, or The Chosen One, or The Badass. Picking courtesan doesn't alter the story into one of political intrigue, manipulation, and sex, it just means you have charm spells and maybe some special dialog that lets you act saucy and alluring.

Dragon Age actually came sort of close, but that was only the first hour or so of the origin story. After that, it dumped you into the main "Grey Warden" storyline and only occasionally had a reaction to your origin.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo