Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs

Irrational Games has details about PC support in BioShock Infinite, their upcoming first-person shooter sequel. They discuss the ability to use the mouse and keyboard or one of three different setups for traitors using controllers. There are also details on graphics, including support for DirectX 11, noting that the game's "unadulterated, full-resolution textures" result in a three DVD installation, saying they "hope you will appreciate the jaw-dropping detail our amazing team of artists lavished on the game." This also reveals PC specifications, both minimum and recommended:

MINIMUM

• Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
  • Video Card Memory: 512 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED

• Processor: Quad Core Processor
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free
  • Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
  • Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

41. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 21:52 theyarecomingforyou

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 19:28:
Dunno, I think the lighting looks more realistic in the crysis video. More natural. The far cry 3 one the colors look too bright/saturated.
That's art direction more than graphics, though. FC3 is obviously over-exagerated but at the same time Crysis is over-subdued. However, look at the difference in foliage (appearance, detail, density), texture quality, lighting, etc - all of those favour FC3. I would say the lighting is much better in FC3 - if you jump to 24 secs in you see that Crysis has very flat lighting and FC3 has very much more varied more dynamic lighting (it's not just one scene though). In fact even most defenders of Crysis claim its lighting wasn't very good, whereas FC3 has strong dynamic lighting and a day/night cycle. Not that FC3 is perfect by any means, as the decision to blur out at extreme distance was terrible and it wasn't done for performance reasons, as manually disabling it improves performance - it was a design decision.

Even if you don't like the art style of FC3, it's a much more powerful and compelling engine than UE3, which is very dated now. And there are other much more impressive engines as well, like BF3. Even a lot of other UE3 games look better than BI, like Dishonored or Arkham City.

But as I said, graphics aren't my only concern with BI - the gameplay is easily my biggest concern.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo