Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2013, 00:54 Wowbagger_TIP

StreetPreacher wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 01:09:
PropheT wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 23:17:
NewMaxx wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 22:50:
What was the statistic? Oh right...more people were killed last year by bludgeoning than guns in this country.

Um...bullshit.

Not for last year, but you get the idea that it isn't even a LITTLE close: FBI Expanded homicide statistics for 2007-2011

I seem to remember the quote you're talking about somewhere, though, and they didn't say "guns" they said a specific type of rifle.
Assault rifles. More people are killed each year by bludgeoning (and bicycles, interestingly enough) than are killed w/ assault rifles, which comprise a fraction of 1% of homicides.

Actually, according to the FBI statistics (latest that I can find), more people are killed by unarmed people than by all kinds of rifles and shotguns combined.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo