Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

52. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2013, 02:17 Jivaro

The bottom line is that we have to use a little bit of everything and be very careful when we start something new so as not to make the price of the energy source too expensive in other ways then money. There won't be one solution to any energy crisis other then to harvest a percentage of all the possibilities. Solar, wind, tidal, frakking, natural gas, oil, coal....all of it. The key to a healthy economy and environment is moderation and a smart infrastructure (grid). Unfortunately, corporate America isn't exactly famous for either moderation or smarts, but it is what we have to strive for.

Personally, now that solar cells have dropped to such low prices, I am really happy that my power company lets me feed the grid with cells on the roof. I do literally nothing, I got a huge tax break, and a I get a discount on my power bill. I wish more of my neighbors did the same thing. They will bitch about the price of gas or their electricity bill but they will literally do nothing proactive unless they can save money immediately. Asking people to look long term seems to be the biggest obstacle in the whole thing. One guy told me that he wouldn't use solar cells unless the government gave them to him for free and another told me he wouldn't use them because they were "too ugly".

I need new neighbors.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo