Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 4 Tease?

The Twitter feed for Erik Todd Dellums has clues from the voice actor that seem to reveal plans for Fallout 4 or some other future installment in the Fallout post-apocalyptic RPG series. This tweet suggests we can expect a return of Three Dog, his DJ character from the game: "To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!" A subsequent tweet says he has been authorized to blab like this: "How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed." Thanks VGU via No Mutants Allowed.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

62. Re: Fallout 4 Tease? Jan 9, 2013, 22:48 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 16:34:
So, your primary qualifier for RPGs is... graphics?
I didn't say that, although the dated graphics really didn't help. The point is the entire game came across as more of an expansion than a sequel and by the time I'd got to the end of F3 I wasn't really looking for more of the same. Obviously I wasn't the only person that though NV was lacklustre, as the Metacritic score reflects exactly the same thing.

Jerykk wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 16:34:
FNV is a better RPG than Witcher 2. It is significantly more open-ended, both in terms of quest design and character development.
Are you trying to play semantics here? I couldn't give a shit whether NV had more RPG elements than The Witcher 2, as that wasn't the point I was making. The reality is that TW2 was a MUCH better game, with better graphics, better gameplay and a better delivered narrative. After playing it I couldn't go back to such a dated game like NV, especially after burning out on F3. An RPG isn't defined solely by the amount you can shape the character you play but about the gameplay, narrative and all the trimmings. I'd rather play a great game with slightly diluted RPG elements (like Skyrim, TW2, etc) that a derivative game with dated graphics that has more developed RPG elements (like NV).

Orphic Resonance wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 17:40:
sounds like you havent played it much at all.. the game is easily 4x as big as FO3, in terms of quests and npcs and all the interactions between them.. to me FO3 isnt even worthy of the fallout style of RPG, in the way everything is separate from each other and the various areas and npcs dont relate with each other, just exist in some kind of RPG vacuum like a bunch of instances that are only related thematically... FONV and FO3 are very much different in terms of gameplay, and its easily noticeable
You're right, I haven't played that much. Steam lists my play time as three hours. I really enjoyed F3 but NV just didn't engage me, especially not with the other great games around that time. As I said, I didn't like F3's graphics for the time and NV actually seemed worse somehow; the engine simply wasn't very good. The gameplay was still clunky. And that's not to mention all the bugs, like creatures getting stuck in the environment - issues I didn't have with F3. It's the same with STALKER CoP - I'm a HUGE fan of the series but I was so burnt out after the previous content, and other really good games were released in the meantime, that I just couldn't get into it. Everybody says it's the best in the series but I really didn't enjoy it.

I'll give it another go soon but the game just seemed 'off'. It wasn't as enjoyable as games like Dragon Age: Origins, The Witcher 2 or KOTOR.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo