Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bond Games MIA

007 Legends can no longer be found for sale online from Steam or the Activision Download Store, and previous James Bond games 007 Blood Stone and Quantum of Solace. VG247 contacted Activision for comment for some time ago, but no statement about this mystery has been released. Thanks Neogamr.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: Bond Games MIA Jan 5, 2013, 13:02 nin

Anonymous wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 08:58:
I just want to take a moment to just say how fucking awesome Goldeneye 64 was.

I remember when that game came out. I was in Junior High. Of course all the missions were cool but let's not forget how damned fun it was to shoot people up.

This was the first game I am aware of with visible damage (blood).

Goldeneye was so fucking awesome. And it pisses me off when people judge it by modern standards.

You can't do that! This game was a pioneer in so many different ways! Modern games owe so much to Goldeneye!

It was an awesome game hands down. One of the best first person shooters ever made in the history of videogames!!!!!!!!!!

Objective based missions, visible damage, decals pock marks smoke effects, best looking explosions.... There is a longer list than that I just can't remember anymore!!!

While this post is filled with tons of nostalgia, as someone who played a lot of Goldeneye myself, I agree completely. It was a damn fun SP game, and when you got into multi, it was an absolute riot.

It saddens me rare/MS/activision/nintendo/whoever owns the bond property couldn't come to some sort of agreement that would have allowed the rom to be released on current gen systems (perhaps with a slight graphical overhaul that preserved the core gameplay), as there's a whole generation of folks that have no idea what they missed.

Oh, and location based damage (notably crotch shots, where the NPC would react to being shot there). I'm not saying it was the first, but it was one of the earlier ones.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo