Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Reason.com - 38 Studios: Curt Schilling's Crony Capitalism Debacle.
Former Gov. Carcieri hoped 38 Studios would be the cornerstone of a new video game tech hub in Rhode Island. Instead, the fallout from the collapse and squandered taxpayer dollars will make the state unlikely to cut any more of what WPRI's Ted Nesi describes as "special, one-off deals with individual companies...picked by a certain group of people in state government."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

29. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2013, 16:27 RollinThundr

Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 15:54:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 14:35:
Government can never do anything better than one can do for themselves.

That's really stupid, of course it can, government is of the people. Last time I checked the republicans got into office as much as democrats and haven't done anything to shrink government. Keep blaming the liberals and sticking your head in the sand though, that approach is working out so well.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

How is it stupid? With all the wasteful spending, lack of progress on things like new energy resources (Thank you oil industry lobbyist), health care bills that will force the American citizens to pay more over all for health care. etc etc.

Do I trust the government to provide for me when I retire? Or should I save towards that and be personally responsible? What would you do?

It's not blaming it all on liberals although you guys are high on the list of reasons things are where they are with people expecting the government to walk them through life holding their hand. Politicians on the whole, regardless of party have let the taxpayer down over and over. They care about the lobbyist however because that way their pockets get lined and if you think these guys, be they democrat or republican are making deals and bills to favor you, you're fucking insane.

It all comes down to personal responsibility at the end of the day and we don't teach that anymore, we teach liberal indoctrination and political correctness.

Honestly, I don't like either party in their current forms, I hate democrats just a bit more though because they have more of a habit of trying to tell you, the US Taxpayer and citizen how to live you life, what you can and can't eat, what's ok to say and what's not, and more importantly liberals have this insane habit of pissing on the Constitution while trying to convince everyone it's "outdated"

Personally I like my constitutional rights thanks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo