Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Project GODUS Funded

The Kickstarter Campaign for Project GODUS has successfully concluded, ultimately bringing in 526,563, comfortably exceeding the 450,000 goal for this god game from Peter Molyneux and 22cans, and just triggering the stretch goal for a Linux version, while falling short of the final milestone that would have triggered an Ouya version. Word is: "Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting GODUS. Our job is now to work on and complete GODUS, the game we've fallen in love with, and to make it the game you want to play."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 23, 2012, 02:30 Flatline

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 22:22:
Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 19:46:
Yeah, people seem to forget it got bad enough that Molyneux wasn't even allowed at events like E3 without PR handlers to keep him from promising all kinds of crazy shit. It's a wonder he never got hit with multiple class-action suits.

You mean like the Far Cry 3 E3 Demonstration? Or the original Alan Wake demonstrations? Or the tentacle monster from Half Life 2? Or ... hell I could go on all day.

Fair enough, but I'd counter that while individual elements got bumped out or left out for whatever reason, the shit that was supposed to be in Fable was something that even today couldn't be done. Permanent, long-term consequences to every important (and some unimportant) decisions you made.

Hell, google "Peter Molyneux Apologizes" and you'll find like half a dozen personal apologies for over-promising shit over and over and over again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo