Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Not being one for cockamamie theories, I have not spent a lot of time planning about today being the end of the world. On the other hand, maybe I should have seen it as a sign of the apocalypse that Verizon worked out my FiOS issues yesterday. Anyway, amid heavy rain and high winds, the power is out here in the BlueTower, and what's worse, is I can't get online with FiOS even with my UPS, so apparently power is out a local substation. In more bad luck, my laptop was without a charge, but I've managed to fire it up using an inverter and a car jumper box with a battery in it for this makeshift update (I won't have access to the mail on my other machine until the power returns, so there may be some catching up to do after this). The one lucky turn is that I am managing to connect to an LTE tower right now, which you can't usually do around here. Perhaps another sign of the end of days. Anyway, I'm not sure how updating will go the rest of today if the power stays down, so we'll just have to play it by ear.

Makeshift Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Links: Updated Spoiler Alert: Super Bowl XLVII ads you'll see.
Stories: Mayan ‘doomsday’ sweeps across the world, no casualties.
Mayan Calendar prediction flops- Experts say Maya never predicted doomsday.
Media: 38 End Of The World Movies Supercut.
The Crappiest Ways The World Could End.
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Official Trailer #1. Thanks nin.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

33. Re: Tech Question of the Night Dec 22, 2012, 01:19 mag

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 22, 2012, 00:35:
Formatted my system from Win 7 64 to Win 7 32bit, and having all sorts of problems with games I never had issues with. Skyrim (no mods) and Rage seem to be the big contenders. Defrag'd Scandisked, latest vid drivers, older vid drivers, checked Steam integrity.
Anyone think of anything I might be missing?

What do you mean formatted? Did you do a completely new install with Win7 x64, reinstall everything?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo