Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned

Ubisoft is planning a patch for Far Cry 3 to allow customization of the game's heads-up display and de-clutter the screen by choosing elements to toggle off. They sent the following statement on the topic to Kotaku:

Based on feedback from both press and fans, the Far Cry 3 production team is working on a patch that will allow you to toggle most HUD/UI elements based on player preference. The patch will also avoid issues encountered in the .dll hack that might create a mission walkthrough break (missing QTE prompts, critical information, etc;). The team is excited about how the Far Cry 3 community and fans of the game are enjoying themselves, and finding new ways to experience the Rook Islands. More news will be coming on the patch shortly…

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2012, 09:13 Rigs

God you guys bitch a lot...

To be honest, I'm about 15 hours or so in (not counting the 4 hour 'Russian experience' before hand...lol) and the only thing that really annoys me is the map. Not only does the small mini-map turn based on your POV, it's zoomed in too much. I can't tell shit from it and having to constantly go into the full screen map is a pain just so I know where I'm going.

The side missions, while kinda cool at first, are getting extremely repetitive. I think I've found everyone's daughter at least twice (and still haven't gotten so much as a peck on the cheek for the service). The vehicles are better than they were in FC2 but that's not saying much. They actually have a bit of inertia now but they're still a major PAIN IN THE ASS to control. At this point, I'd rather have GTA4 physics to the cars if anything! At least I could control them half way decently.

In addition, I lost one save when I updated, which set me back like 3 hours. Wasn't too happy about that but it's my fault for not backing them up like a good 'hardcore' gamer would. It's almost a given updating might destroy or invalidate your saves, so I almost always back them up before updating any game. But because I have to deal with this uPlay shit, I got sidetracked and forgot. THAT won't happen again. I don't even know WHY I updated anyway. It didn't help anything. I'm still undecided on what looks better in-game, DX9 or DX11 with AA. MSAA utterly murders the frame rate of this game, at least on my 5770, so if you have ATI, turn MSAA OFF! I'm also not sure what the 'GPU Rendering Frames' is, but I've got it set to 3 (out of 0-5) and it seems ok. V-sync would be nice but my system CHUGS if it's enabled. Also, if you set 'Post FX' to 'LOW', that nasty blurring goes away. Some call it Depth of Field, but it's a little much. I also turned HDR off in the .XML settings file. Everything looked kinda cruddy but my frame rate jumped 20 or so. I'm ok if it stays above 30. But you can certainly tell if it dips below that...

It will be nice to be able to turn some things off in the HUD with this patch. The mini-map is the first thing going! It's useless AFAIC anyway...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2012, 09:18.

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo