Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories

Rockstar Games announces the Painful Memories DLC is now available for Max Payne 3:

Available today across all platforms, the Painful Memories multiplayer DLC for Max Payne 3 packs plenty of punch with four new maps, two new avatar factions plus a host of new items for your arsenal. The pack is now available for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE and $9.99 on PlayStation Network and PC. Players who purchased the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass can download the pack free of charge. The Rockstar Pass is currently available for 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $29.99 on PSN/PC.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 20:24 Prez

Slashman wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 11:55:
TheBigVlad wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:28:
I know there's not a lot of love for this game here but I absolutely loved it. For me the issues with the frequent cutscenes and stylistic presentation were drowned out by how engaged I was in the story. I also admit I'm a little biased since the first two games were some of my favorites of all time, so getting to play as Max again really satisfied my nostalgia. Haven't touched multiplayer though.

I think that's the point here.

I love the single player part of it. Max Payne was built on that. The fact that no DLC is anything other than MP is really odd in my mind.

I came close to loving the third game. In truth I really wasn't bothered by the frequent cutscenes at all. I played only single player (I can't understand what the attraction of a multiplayer Max Payne game would be but they keep pumping these mappacks out so I guess people are buying them), and mostly found it to be an excellent Max Payne. What almost sunk it for me though was the mandatory cover system. There were many firefights in the game that you simply could not win without using cover. Max Payne has never been about crouching behind walls; it's all about stylized action involving diving around acrobatically while slowing time and shooting a million bullets at baddies in a chaotic dance of death. When you get to do that in 3, it is glorious. But in certain parts I died so many times trying to play that way that I wanted to put my fist through the monitor. Only when I grudgingly used the cover system did I win. It felt forced, and it felt wrong for a Max Payne game. Everything else, from the hammy dialog to the ridiculously over-the-top story was spot on for Max Payne.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo