Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon"

Diablo III game director Jay Wilson tweets that information is coming soon about the player-versus-player support for Diablo III that is supposed to eventually come to Blizzard's action/RPG sequel: "We'll be doing a PVP blog update very soon. Sorry to keep you waiting."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon" Nov 28, 2012, 09:43 Verno

Unlike many here, I decided to reinstall it and give it an honest shake again. I had even sold all my gear and gold when I quit so I was really starting from nothing as a new player would. They've actually improved the game quite a bit, it's pretty much to the stage of where it should have been at launch minus PvP.

That said some aspects of the game are fundamentally broken and no amount of tweaking will fix them. You get a ton of loot thrown at you but the ratio of shit to good is so awful that it numbs you to the whole experience. Choices should be compelling, in Torchlight 2 I would often hang onto a few items and try them out to see which best fit my gameplay style. In Diablo 3 you will vendor 99.9% of what you see without ever evaluating it in a cursory manner, let alone equipping it.

ARPGs in general are wearing out for me, none really got it right this go. TL2 comes the closest, great randomization and loot but the gameplay mechanics are rough and the production values are small studio. I hate to say it but the best thing would be the TL2 devs back with the budget and time that a Blizzard product receives.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo