Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month

DICE announces new details on Aftermath, the next expansion for Battlefield 3, their military shooter sequel. This is due today for PS3 BF3 Premium subscribers today for PC and Xbox 360 Premium subscribers on December 4th. For others, the PS3 release will be December 11th, and the PC and Xbox 360 version for all is expected on December 18th. Here's word on what it will offer:

In Battlefield 3: Aftermath players can weave through the shattered districts, streets and cities in three new vehicles including heavily modified troop transports and a civilian vehicle adapted to deliver deadly force to the enemy. Battlefield 3: Aftermath also sees the debut of Scavenger mode an objective based conquest where players must brave the environment armed with only one sidearm, as they try to find more powerful weapons in an attempt to survive with their squad. In addition to this, Battlefield 3: Aftermath delivers a new deadly and versatile crossbow for more silent kills, ten new assignments, dog tags, trophies, achievements and more.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 20:51 <Electric-Spock>

BF3, what a let down...

It looks great, but that's about it. I got about 15 friends on my list, almost all of which pre-ordered, and none play anymore. Here's the main beef I got -

1. Netcode = Horrific. It feels like I'm shooting marshmellows at people. Whatever client side hit detetion thing they got going on, blows.

2. Map size/scale = Thank you consoles. The layout of most maps are not impressive, especially the vanilla ones. When your flying, it feels like your in a fish bowl. I'm not sure why they had to put every control point 5 feet from each other either. There's a lot of wasted space on some of the larger maps.

3. Dumbed down gameplay. Removing features that were in older BF games. Regenerating health, infinate ammo in vehicles. You can get hit in a chopper, start flying away from combat and it like 5 seconds you start magically healing. Lame.

I could go on, but don't feel the need. I wish they would have made the Medal of Honor series more COD'ish and kept the BF series more PC centric. That way people who like single player and small fast paced multiplay could have their cake, and people who like large scale more tactical game play could have their BF game back.

The netcode is my deal breaker though. I'm pretty much done with BF3, and unless I hear them talk of revamping the netcode with BF4, I'm not even going to consider a purchase.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo