Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Mobilization

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 26, 2012, 15:45 Kitkoan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 10:19:
Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 19:54:
Long story short, he's returning it for an Alienware laptop. And he's already looking at replacing his iPhone for an Android, etc... Too many problems with Apple products. You wouldn't notice the issues if you replace them every year, but if you don't, it's bad. Laptops that overheat easily, now screens that all but self destruct, home buttons that break after a year rendering the iPhone useless, etc... Add to it the crappy customer service now and there isn't any reason to buy Apple.

Well, there's fashion which is the primary reason their products are selling the volumes they are right now. Not that Apple's going to crash and go anywhere any time soon but their current growth path is not sustainable, it's a fashion trend.

If you want to see where their quality is these days, take a look at a Twitter feed called @applenag. It's a guy who has been a loyal Apple user since the early 80s and has multiple iPhones, iPads and Macs. And he deals with issues constantly that are common among power users of any platform. The difference being that most Apple fanbois sweep them under the rug or brush them off, lest they tarnish the image of their favourite perfect company, this guy states them all plainly (though I admit, I'm sure he over embellishes some of them for dramatic effect). Apple products have the same kinds of issues related to quality in both hardware and software as most other electronics do. They're not worse but they aren't nearly as better as the company, their fanbois (and especially their prices) would have you believe.

Major thing is though is I don't recall this many issues within such a short amount of time. This indicates a sudden drop in quality.

As for being for fashion, it's a dangerous game to play, more so since more are complaining of how boring iOS has become. And I'm not talking about techie users, my talking about basic users are starting to complain and looking towards android phones (I think Samsung has a lot to do with it since they tend to show what Android can do in their commercials. Basic users are noticing that yes, Android is a fully functional smartphone with bells and whistles.) Apple needs to try something new or they will be out of fashion and I think they are afraid to change. From what I've seen, even OSX hasn't really changed in 10 years.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo