Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mirror's Edge 2 in Development

Ben Cousins tweets a response to a Eurogamer article to state that Mirror's Edge 2 is in development at DICE, finally firming up long-standing rumors the parkour game is getting a sequel: "It is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene that Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

31. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 23, 2012, 11:31 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 01:51:
Flatline wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 15:32:
It was good, but it needed some design tweaking. On one hand, rolling evoked some motion sickness in me (not much, but it was a puke-machine for some other folks), and I might actually try to do a blur/depth of field effect or something so that while you still get the concept of motion, the entire world isn't crystal clear with your eyes trying to juxtapose that movement with your stationary inner ear.

I'll never understand why people want these camera-mimicking effects in first-person games meant to simulate vision. When I look around in real life I do not see motion blur or depth of field the way games mimic them, plus when I quickly move the mouse or focus on one area of the screen my eyes naturally add those effects realistically, there is no need for games to simulate them.

It's probably my number one pet peeve of the last 5 years or so. Blur and depth of field are the first things I turn off when a game allows me to do so, unless the depth of field is used really well and in the distance like The Witcher 2.

I always find games like Skyrim silly when you can sit on a cliff and see everything perfectly with no DOF effects so I actually prefer it on. I agree though in general that its overdone. Blur and other dumb filters are often a cheap visual pizazz to satisfy console gamers who are on anemic hardware that can't afford the visual frills PCs enjoy.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo