Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

SlashGear - Sales Mean Nothing: Call of Duty Has Gone Stale. Thanks HARDOCP.
But Iíve had enough. The Call of Duty franchise has become one big, repurposed offering that gets customers to pay too much for what is essentially a bunch of new maps launched annually in November. Sure, thereís a bit of a storyline and the updates to online gaming are nice enough, but are they enough to justify calling the game an entirely new entry into the franchise? As far as Iím concerned, itís just more of the same.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

42. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2012, 10:02 Beamer

InBlack wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 04:07:
Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:02:
InBlack wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:53:
You guys are completely missing the point arguing about subjective shit, when there are completely rational OBJECTIVE reasons why COD sucks MAJOR BALLZ!!!!

1st and foremost: RAMPANT CHEATING, Its utterly, utterly horrible and unnaceptable in any competitive multiplayer game especially one that is supposed to be the current "IN" game of the moment...

2nd (very connected to the first point): VERY LITTLE TO NO POST RELEASE SUPPORT. One of the main reasons why there is so much cheating going on, the devs dont give a fuck, they already have your money, and the community being disconnected and wiped every 6-10 months cant do shit about it...

3rd (very connected to the second and first points) NO COMMUNITY to stand for the players interest. Since these sonsofbitches release these 'itterations' every few months up to a year there is very little time for a community to build up adequately for said game. About the time people get organized and very vocal about the problems in said game BAM they release another one and the whole process is restarted....

I have a few other points but just those three are I think enough to prove my point that the Call of Duty franchise is the McDonalds of games, people are fucking addicted to it and cant help themselves even though they know they are fed shit....

1) Not on the Xbox. MW3 had very little Xbox cheating. From what I understand, tons of the PS3 and PC, but I won't play on those platforms. I put something like 180 hours into MW3 on XBL and can't remember a single wallhacker. There may have been one, but I think that was a YouTube video I watched.

2) There was a good amount of post release support in terms of tweaking and balancing. If you play on the Xbox, that's all you needed

3) There's an enormous community, which is why these games are so popular and a safe bet. As other people mentioned previously, some people only buy 3-4 games per year. It's much better for them to get the game everyone is getting, and therefore know they'll have a community filling multiplayer servers, than to take a risk on a game that may be better but no one may buy.

The CoD games may be terrible PC experiences, but they're quite good Xbox experiences.

So hmmmm becuase none of these problems exist on the XBOX that somehow magically justifies Activision and invalidates all of my points? Christ Beamer, for someone clearly very intelligent you really can turn a blind eye to some major shit...

I'm not turning a blind eye. You said it objectively sucks major balls.
Here's the thing: It does on 2 out of 3 platforms. On the other platform it is actually one of the best games.

Average it together and you still don't get "objectively sucks major balls." Maybe I'm harping on you for semantics and splitting a hair that none of your complaints are valid on the platform the game sells the most on and therefore "objectively sucks major balls" as a blanket statement isn't true, but it gets very tiring to see people circle-jerking each other over how much more awesome they think they can be about hating Call of Duty and thinking they're better than everyone playing it (which, again, isn't me.)

It's like watching a bunch of teenagers in a high school cafeteria make fun of someone for liking Avenged Sevenfold instead of Converge. Seriously, it's a bunch of people in their 30s and 40s acting like children, and it's hard not to see it as anything other than them feeling threatened.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo