Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

SlashGear - Sales Mean Nothing: Call of Duty Has Gone Stale. Thanks HARDOCP.
But Iíve had enough. The Call of Duty franchise has become one big, repurposed offering that gets customers to pay too much for what is essentially a bunch of new maps launched annually in November. Sure, thereís a bit of a storyline and the updates to online gaming are nice enough, but are they enough to justify calling the game an entirely new entry into the franchise? As far as Iím concerned, itís just more of the same.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2012, 21:40 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:29:
Everything is just opinions man and I've seen you bitch about this sort of thing before too about different things so *shrug*

Erm, no you haven't. I can bitch as much as anyone but I do not paint with such a broad brush as calling people who like something I don't idiots. Never have, never will. Please stop trying to paint me as some irrational fanboy who is trying to stomp out criticism of his favorite game because it is plain that isn't what I am and that's not what I am doing. So *shrug* yourself.

I didn't try to paint you as a fanboy so I have no idea where that comes from, I think you misunderstood or I worded it poorly. I was talking in general, not about CoD specifically.

But yeah I'm pretty sure we've all bitched about things we don't like and the people who do from time to time. We've all been a little guilty of painting with a wide brush, whether its about games, politics or otherwise and I've certainly seen some names thrown around from time to time. I'm not going to go digging through peoples posts or something but I think we can all be forgiven for getting a little passionate about our favorite hobbies from time to time

Hell, I am not even remotely directing my comments at anyone criticizing the game itself, only the ones who belittle people they know nothing about over something as insignificant as choice of leisure activity. It's beyond me why you even felt compelled to respond to me, since you were the last person I was addressing.

Fair enough, maybe I misunderstood what you meant I guess being honest though I do feel like there are times where making light of people for a particular choice isn't such a bad thing. Maybe that does make me a bit smug or arrogant, I guess I can live with that. I don't think hatred or anything nasty is deserved of course. I should probably not post while drinking, this isn't making much sense.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2012, 21:52.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo