Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

This Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the U.S., and since we host our family for the occasion, it is sort of our Super Bowl of annual entertaining. We did a lot of our shopping over the weekend, but we still have one more major run, which will include a 20+ pound turkey, and, if tradition holds, a half-dozen quick trips to the store to follow for "one more" forgotten item. I'm not complaining though, it's always a fun event, and I won't even pretend that nearly as much of the burden of all this falls on me as it does on MrsBlue (though she has finally stopped trying to threaten to make me cook the turkey since I keep saying I would gladly do it).

Shopping Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Incredipede.
Stories: Bella Opens Big, Bond The Biggest Yet.
German police stop man with mobile office in car. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Solar vehicles in Chile race across world's driest desert.
One in 20 youth has used steroids to bulk up: study.
Images: We're supposed to be friends, computer... Thanks reddit.
Media: "Game Of Thrones" S3 Teaser Video.
Jeri and her Commodore 64 bass guitar.
Ellen Knows What's Wrong with These Photos.
Follow-up: No nation immune to climate change - World Bank.
John McAfee Starts Blog While in Hiding.
Confirmed "Star Wars" Ep. VII: Non-Directors.
Twinkies May Have Future After Hostess Bankruptcy.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 11:44 Bet

Of course Twinkies have a future, that brand has to be worth millions. Then the factories will re-open, and rehire employees laid off (probably with preference to the non-union members). The cycle continues.

Now we have to ask, what about the Hostess Fruit pies. Every time there's a natural disaster I recommend them as emergency rations since 2 of them will feed a person for a day (500 calories/pie). Get a case and keep a family alive for a week.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo