Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM

A post on the Roberts Space Industries Website announces that Star Citizen has attracted more than $4 million in funding from fans eager for a new space combat game from the creator of Wing Commander. The post outlines additional stretch goals beyond that point, and a follow-up announces another system is unlocked, and says they now have stretch goals all the way to the $5 million mark. Finally, the latest update announces that having passed $4.2 million, they have climbed to the top of the crowd-sourcing mountain:

$4.2 million! Which means that Star Citizen is now the highest crowd-funded game project ever! Youíve earned this star system, and a lot more! Letís go for $4.5! By the way: you guys are now unlocking systems faster than our artists can finish themÖ we promise weíll add the missing concepts in the near future.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

26. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 18, 2012, 00:28 Wildone

Its not pay to win, you can still get those ships if you want to spend the time to earn them or if you dont have time, pay a premium.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo