[Nov 13, 2012, 10:01 pm ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
Stream News announces
a new patch is now automatically available for Borderlands 2
to update Gearbox Software's role-playing sequel to version 1.2.0. The lengthy list of changes follows:
- Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn't have.
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
- Fixed a bug in the inventory UI when quickly scrolling to the bottom of a list using the mouse wheel.
- Improved PhysX fluid rendering quality at high resolutions.
- Improved NVIDIA 3D Vision integration.
- Fixed the "Inverted reverse steering" option not working for clients in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed the player's backpack sort setting not persisting.
- Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
- Fixed challenges showing inaccurate completion amounts for area-specific challenges.
- Fixed a bug where the player's active mission would sometimes fall back to main-game missions when completing other missions in DLC areas.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose mission rewards that they had not claimed when switching between Normal mode and True Vault Hunter mode.
- Added a confirmation dialog when opening the golden chest in Sanctuary.
- Fixed Arid Nexus Badlands showing an undiscovered challenge that was not attainable.
- Restored some lost progress to players who have had their profiles reset. To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select "Continue" on the Main Menu, and then "Save and Quit" after you enter the world. Repeat this process for each character in your character list.
- Fixed the Mechromancer's Anarchy skill sometimes losing stacks incorrectly for multiplayer clients.
- Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck zoomed in when in "Fight for Your Life" mode.
- Fixed challenge "For The Hoard!" to work properly after resetting challenges.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause players' skill points to be reset when loading their character.
- Fixed a bug that could cause enemies and missions to be locked to an incorrect level.
- Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
- Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
- Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
- Increased Recharge Delay
- Significantly increased Recharge Rate
- Reduced Amplify damage
- DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
- Reduced level of DLC raid bosses in Normal Mode.
- Fixed issue resulting in infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.
- Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
- Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.
- Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
- Plan B
- Wildlife Preservation
- Mighty Morphin
- Animal Rescue: Food
- The Man Who Would Be Jack
- Get To Know Jack
- Where Angels Fear to Tread
- Trailer Trashing
- Clan War: First Place
- Stalker of Stalkers
- The Once and Future Slab
- Home Movies
- Shielded Favors
- You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
- (Captain Scarlett) Freedom of Speech
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Borderlands 2 Patched
||Nov 14, 2012, 13:57
Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 09:29:
I'm still amazed you've only seen 2 legendary. But you know how sometimes one person claims he's had no problems in a game full of bugs, and everyone yells at him that his experience isn't typical?
I think your experience isn't typical. My level 30 zer0 has two legendary items on him right now. My level 24 Gunzerker also has two. And I've had a few others which I've since sold.
Looking at the weighted drop rates (and not really knowing what other drop mechanisms are in place -- we know there's a separate drop chance for a boss to drop his unique loot if he has it, but it's a very low chance, so there might be some other tables that get pinged too), I'd say my experience is actually fairly standard and people who get more have just gotten a little luckier above the norm.
And that's fine, I understand that not everyone's experience is the same, but it doesn't diminish the fact that I played for 50+ hours with my commando, and found fuck all in worthy loot after level 20. Yes, I found the normal damage upgrades, but I'm sorry, that just doesn't fill me with happiness. Going from 240 damage per shot to 255 damage per shot and 2% extra chance on the acid damage is not an upgrade. That's just the same fucking gun. It still takes 95 shots to kill a fucking Buzzard with it.
The only time I made a pretty big jump in gun effectiveness was:
A) When I farmed the Warrior in PT1. He dropped some nice blue and purple items that were a 30-40% upgrade over what I had.
B) plinking the Golden Chest. (which now has a confirmation on open. After everyone's already wasted their first key on it, and now everyone knows what it is. GJ, Gearbox.)
I mean, what's the fucking point of finding great loot AFTER you turn 50? I'm not going to play my commando anymore, because there's nothing to do. I've finished all the quests except for a few minor (and annoying) side quests.
I finally modded the drop rates to 0.1 for everything and 1000 for legendaries, then farmed the Warrior in PT2 a few times, (fun to see 40 legendaries pop out) just so I could see what I missed. And shit, there are some fucking awesome and hilarious legendary guns in there. Why don't we get these WHILE FUCKING PLAYING???
One of the drops was a shotgun that you throw away like a Tediore when you reload it, but it bounces off walls, and then FLIES AFTER MONSTERS WHILE FIRING AT THEM. It's like the ultimate buzzard killer. I practically pissed myself laughing the first time I saw it go after a Buzzard like a fucking Spitfire.
Where does it drop? Oh yeah, one boss has the chance to drop it, after you farm him. Why does the game have to have this dumb-ass MMORPG bullshit attached to it? Farming a fucking Raid boss? Wtf is this, WoW?
I think the thing that annoys me the most is that everything just pings the same shitty loot table. The Warrior pings the same table as the fucking lockers in scooter's garage. That's just fucking stupid.