Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Global Play Coming

The StarCraft II Website announces plans to bring the ability to play against players around the world in StarCraft II, Blizzard's RTS (it's like a global Internet or something!). This will take a while, though, as they say the patch to add this feature is due "in the coming months." Here's what this will provide:

Global Play will give you access to StarCraft II game servers in regions outside your own, expanding the possibilities for eSports, exposing you to maps and games that arenít yet published everywhere, and making it easy to play with your friends in other parts of the world. Each region will have separate profile data, meaning that characters, profiles, ladder rankings, progress, and friends lists will not carry over from region to region. With Global Play, youíll have other regions to choose from as you create new characters, take on different ladder opponents, and perhaps try maps that youíve never seen before.

More about Global Play:

• Players will be able to freely switch between regions via the StarCraft II login screen.
  • When your regionís game servers are undergoing maintenance, you may be able to play in a different region that is not down for maintenance.
  • Your game language and user interface will not change when you change regions.
  • Players using Global Play will be subject to the in-game policies of their selected play region.

Weíll have more details soon, including answers to your most frequently asked questions about Global Play.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: StarCraft II Global Play Coming Nov 10, 2012, 01:54 Suppa7

The fact that gamers rewarded both diablo 3 and starcraft 2 knowing about their online DRM - they basically ruined gaming. I wish the masses weren't such fucking retards, everything bad about modern gaming comes back to retards that fed steam and online DRM. Minerwars promised No DRM then renegged. I fucking hate the new generation of drm loving gamers.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2012, 03:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo