Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Details

GameInformer.com has the promised teaser for the December cover story of Game Informer magazine about Grand Theft Auto V (the issue is now available digitally and the print version is expected in a week). Word is: "Over the course of 18 pages (our biggest cover story yet!), we introduce the three main protagonists, discuss the groundbreaking way you use them, and explore the reimagined Los Santos the biggest open world Rockstar has created to date. The massive feature also divulges and dissects many more aspects of the game fans won't want to miss." Kotaku has some of the skinny from the article (thanks nin), including word that Los Santos is larger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV combined, and areas to be explored will include wilderness, a military base, and the ocean floor. There is also a clarification that this is the same world as Grand Theft Auto IV and Liberty City, but not the earlier installments in the open world action series.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Nov 8, 2012, 18:39 Breadman86

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 18:25:
I agree with you about most of the stuff you dislike in GTAIV.. but as someone who regularly does double back-flips across the waters of GTAIV's islands (and dies sometimes in the process), I have to say you have it wrong about the losing of your weapons after death. Only if you get busted by the police does your carried arsenal become impounded..

It would have been nice to have a mechanic where you could stage a heist on the police lockup to get your impounded stuff back though.. or possibly a gun cabinet in one of your properties to store back-up weapons/ammo in case you get arrested.

Whoops, been a few years since playing it so I'm sure you're right. Good catch.

Heist/Gun-Cabinet ideas are interesting, but I think I'd still prefer the simplicity of the previous titles. Complete missions, tasks, or challenges, and you're REWARDED with weapons that spawn at your base. I guess I also just kind of missed that lack of reward in GTAIV. Money didn't cut it =P

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo