Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well today is Election Day here in the U.S., our annual opportunity to practice democracy (insert joke here about continuing to practice until we get it right). Here's hoping all those who are registered get out and vote, and that the process proceeds smoothly.

Smooth Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Obama vs Romney Boxing Match
Legendary Thieves.
Links: 'Battlestar Galactica- Blood and Chrome' being released online Friday.
New! GameMaxx. Thanks HARDOCP.
Science: Experiencing math anxiety may be like the experience of physical pain.
Broken Heart Syndrome: Now doctors say you really CAN die from a sudden shock to the system.
New dinosaur named after Sauron from Lord of the Rings. Or Blue's forum poster. Thanks nin.
Media: The Brooklyn Hipster.
Adam Savage Builds Patton Oswalt's Halloween Costume.
How Videos Go Viral.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

50. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 14:54 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 14:31:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 13:56:
Lately I've been leaning toward the point of view that Obama being re-elected would be better for us than Romney getting in. The problem with ousting an incumbent is the false perception of change associated with it... That would lead many outraged and outspoken Americans to calm down and stop paying attention to what's really going on, because they assume a change in president will mean a change in policy. "OH YEAH, we kicked him out! Good job fellas, now we can go home..."

Meanwhile, I have zero confidence whatsoever that Romney will do anything substantially different than Obama has been doing. As much as I would like to see it proven that R vs. D doesn't mean a goddamn thing in mainstream politics anymore, it would be too detrimental to the current growing subculture of dissent. So, I hope Obama wins, if only to further stoke the fires burning beneath the feet of the angry mobs. Maybe four more years of his "hope and change" will finally spur some improvements around here.

I think we pretty much know what we're getting with Obama. A big spender who flat out refuses to compromise to get anything done who won't even seriously talk about cuts unless it's military, which is crazy when you're fighting 3 wars essentially. Yet he'll win because he's a better public speaker and more "hip" with the hipsters.

It's simply amazing to me that most Americans seem to not care about the massive amount of debt he's added in just 4 short years. Obama was so critical of Bush adding 4 trillion of debt over 8 years, he just had to top him adding 5 trillion in only 4. Yep let's all vote for Obama, bankrupting the country and selling our souls to a communinst nation in China are wonderful ideals.

I would have to vote with my conscience first and there are too many question marks surrounding the changes Romney wants and what policies he will dismantle. For better or for worse Obama mostly has actual plans for his ideas so it should be no surprise that people are going with the known quantity, no one likes an unknown in politics. I will likely just abstain from voting altogether, it's a cop out but at least I'll feel good about it.

When you're trying to assign blame, look no further than the kooks in our own party who ruined a decent female voter push with rape comments and talk about abortion policy regression.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo