Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased

GuildWars2.com has a tease for "The Lost Shores," an update coming to Guild Wars 2 later this month. There are just a few screenshots, and the following dramatic tease: "Something stirs in the Sea of Sorrows… Unravel a mystery of monstrous proportions in The Lost Shores, a massive one-time world event that will change Tyria forever!" Thanks sauron.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 14:22 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 11:12:
I liked the Halloween event, though I didn't partake in much of it. Tried the whole "Thorn's minions vs villagers" thing once, and I spent ten minutes just running around a (seemingly) empty maze, and got terribly bored of it. I'm sure the guys who got to hunt the villagers had more fun, but in general people don't really like playing a fucking rabbit. (or at least I don't.)

And I suck at the jumping puzzles, so I skipped the clocktower thing after seeing a video. That would have given me an aneurysm for sure.

But the mad king mini-dungeon was cool, and the scavenger hunt was pretty fun too. All in all, for something they released absolutely for free, it was awesome.

2 characters at 80 now! Woot!

Creston

What I found was that the classes are so massively different from each other, that they either make or brake your experience. My Elementalist was kinda stressing and after reaching level 80, I really did not want to continue. But then I made an engineer and had more fun than ever. My Mesmer is also really nice, after I understood how it works. I tried a warrior and deleted him at level 15 because he was simply too boring.
It is really hard to find the right trait spec. Everything needs different stuff if you want to be really good at it. sPvP, WvW, WvWvW, dungeons, solo PvE, group PvE, group of mobs, etc, etc, etc. Not only different traits, but also different abilities, different gear and different weapons.

Everyone says something different too, if you try to find help on the net. I like this, but I understand that on the start (and I mean the first 2 months) this can be frustrating. WoW vanilla wasnt much different though, just not that massive gameplay-wise.

I love this game, and I actually like that it doesnt have a subscription. With WoW I spend every second I could spare in it, because I felt like I was in some kind of race. But here, I sometimes dont play it for days, but I dont feel the fun declining at all. Actually its getting better and better each time I play, because there is still some much to explore and grasp.

The only thing I dont really like is the lack of zones. I could use much more zones. Especially level 80 zones. I hope they will fix that with their monthly events.
Bug fixing could go a little faster too, but I never have been angry at anything in this game, like I was in WoW from day one. My keyboard didnt have to feel my fist even once yet.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo