Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quest for Glory Creators' New Kickstarter

This Kickstarter is for Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption, described as "a turn-based RPG with adventure game puzzles and immersive story, by the award-winning designers of Quest for Glory." They are shooting for a Fall 2013 release, and have so far raised about $50K of a $400K goal. There's a preview of this on Kotaku (thanks nin), and here's word:

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is a classic 2D RPG by award-winning game designers Corey and Lori Cole (Quest for Glory, Castle of Dr. Brain, and more). In our genre-bending style, Hero-U combines classic RPG skills and combat with the rich character relationships of Persona, and the story and puzzles of Quest for Glory in a single challenging game experience.

• A classic role-playing game with exploration, combat, and skills
  • Tactical combat that is much more than "hack and slash"
  • A rich story that changes based on the way you play
  • Characters with unique personalities and their own agendas
  • Adventure-style puzzles that are an integral part of the story

There is danger and intrigue within the hallowed halls of Hero-U. Danger? Ha! Rogues laugh in the face... well, actually, they sneak up behind danger and bop it in the head, then run really, really fast. You can be that Rogue!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Quest for Glory Creators' New Kickstarter Oct 19, 2012, 19:37 Cutter

Love the concept. Art style? Enh, not so much. I sincerely hope they make their funding but I'll be waiting on this.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo