is for Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption
, described as "a turn-based RPG with adventure game puzzles and immersive story, by the award-winning designers of Quest for Glory
." They are shooting for a Fall 2013 release, and have so far raised about $50K of a $400K goal. There's a preview of this on Kotaku
(thanks nin), and here's word:
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is a classic 2D RPG by award-winning game designers Corey and Lori Cole (Quest for Glory, Castle of Dr. Brain, and more). In our genre-bending style, Hero-U combines classic RPG skills and combat with the rich character relationships of Persona, and the story and puzzles of Quest for Glory in a single challenging game experience.
- A classic role-playing game with exploration, combat, and skills
- Tactical combat that is much more than "hack and slash"
- A rich story that changes based on the way you play
- Characters with unique personalities and their own agendas
- Adventure-style puzzles that are an integral part of the story
There is danger and intrigue within the hallowed halls of Hero-U. Danger? Ha! Rogues laugh in the face... well, actually, they sneak up behind danger and bop it in the head, then run really, really fast. You can be that Rogue!